Hello everyone, nos últimos sábados escrevemos aqui no blog exercícios para vocês praticarem o vocabulário relacionado à comida. Você pode fazer os exercícios sobre perguntas feitas em restaurantes (aqui) e também sobre o gosto dos alimentos (aqui).
Hoje o nosso exercício será sobre as combinações comuns de palavras quando falamos sobre a preparação dos alimentos. Teremos duas receitas, uma doce (Chocolate Cake) e uma salgada (Ground Beef Lasagna).
Complete os espaços em branco com as palavras abaixo de cada receita. (Complete the blank spaces with the words below each recipe.)
1 + 1/2 cup flour (1 and a half cup of flour)
1 cup sugar (1 cup of sugar)
3 tbsp (1) (3 tablespoons of (1) )
2 tsp baking powder (2 teaspoons of baking powder)
2 tsp vanilla essence (2 teaspoons of vanilla essence)
3/4 cup milk (3 quarters of a cup of milk)
3/4 cup melted butter (3 quarters of a cup of melted butter)
2 eggs (2 entire eggs)
Ingredients for frosting
3 tbsp softened butter (3 tablespoons of softened butter)
3 cups powdered (2) (3 cups of powdered (2) )
1/2 cup cocoa powder (Half of a cup of cocoa powder)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (1 and a half teaspoon of vanilla extract)
4 to 5 tbps warm milk (4 to 5 tablespoons of warm milk)
- (3) the oven to 180°C = 350°F
-Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin.
-Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- (4) the butter at low heat and add to the dry ingredients. Also add milk and eggs.
- (5) everything together until it is smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
-Transfer to bake tin and (6) at 180°C until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
-After the cake has cooled, slice the cake through the middle to make two layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge).
Step by step frosting
-Mix the softened butter with powdered sugar in a bowl. (7) cocoa, vanilla and 4 tablespoons of warm milk, and mix until it smooth. Do not over-mix. If necessary, add some more milk.
-Use 1/3 of the frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
-This cake should have room temperature when served.
g) cocoa powder
500g of (1)
900g of spaghetti sauce
900g of cottage cheese
3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2) Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
Salt and (3) to taste
9 lasagna noodles
1/2 cup water
– In a large (4) over medium heat cook the ground beef. Drain the grease. Add spaghetti sauce and (5) for 5 minutes.
– In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
– To assemble, in the bottom of a baking dish evenly (6) 3/4 of a cup of the sauce mixture. Cover with 3 uncooked lasagna noodles, 3/4 of a cup of the cheese mixture, and 1/4 of a cup of sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with 3 noodles, and put the remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese (7) . Add 1/2 cup water to the edges of the pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
– Bake in a preheated 175°C = 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Wait 10 minutes before (8) .
b) ground beef
e) frying pan
f) on top
1-g 2-e 3-d 4-b 5-f 6-c 7-a
1-h 2-a 3-f 4-e 5-d 6-g 7-c 8-b
Well that’s it guys for today, feel to try out these recipes at home, and if you guys enjoy today’s post, don’t forget to share and like it. Thanks for stopping by and see ya next time!